Collection and use of internet data
- Various parts of the HTTP Header (including IP Address, HREF, Referrer, and User Agent)
- Various aspects of the browser rendering engine
- Generalized user interaction data
We may work, alone or with our partners, to anonymously integrate analytic data with data that those partners have independently collected to deliver enhanced antifraud services.
Tempest services do not knowingly directly collect personally identifiable information (defined as name, email address, postal address or phone number), and Tempest does not use any such information that may be inadvertently collected in any way. Tempest is not an advertising company. We do not collect, create or share individual consumer profiles for the purpose of buying, selling or targeting advertising, and thus we have no use for, and no reason to collect, personal information through the Tempest services.
We do collect and store various signals from tracked and measured impressions. We collect information about the page where an ad was displayed, the dimensions and location of the ad, measurements pertaining to ad viewability, user interaction with the ad, IP address, browser type, user agent, referring URL and other information. We use this information in order to provide our services to our clients. We may share this information with our clients to help them eliminate fraud in their online advertising campaigns and for analytics, ad delivery and reporting and targeting purposes.
Use of collected data
Except as otherwise stated herein, Tempest does not share information gathered by the Services except:
- as is necessary to execute the services;
- in aggregated formats for general corporate marketing and industry benchmarking;
- for sharing with official affiliates and/or partners of Temnpest or service providers of Tempest (where the service providers are required to use the information only to perform services for Tempest);
- as required by law or to comply with legal process; or
- to a third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).